As a native of Paducah, Kentucky, Cody understands the needs of the region. His passion and understanding for accounting, estate planning, wills, trusts, and taxation will accrue to the benefit of many over his years of practice.
Cody is a 2007 graduate of Murray State University with a degree in accounting. He was then awarded a Masters in Business Administration from Murray State University in 2008. After 8 years of practicing accounting in the private industry then at a local CPA firm, Cody returned to classes and graduated from Southern Illinois School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor degree in the Spring of 2019.
His practice will focus on Taxation, Estate, and Probate Law. Cody looks forward to the challenges relating to wealth and estate planning and taxation matters. In addition, he finds the challenges assisting individuals, families, and businesses to navigate complex issues of tax, probate, and trusts a rewarding experience.
Click for a printable biography
- Murray State University, B.S. 2007
- Murray State University, M.B.A. 2008
- Southern Illinois University, J.D. 2019
Admitted to Practice
- United States Tax Court
- Corporate Law
- Taxation Law
- Estate Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- “What CPAs Wish Attorneys Knew”
- Presented to McCracken County Bar and Western Kentucky Paralegals Organization
- “Trusts: An Overview”
- Presented to Western Kentucky Paralegals Organization
- “Creative Business Bootcamp: Forming Business Entities & Taxability”
- Presented as part of the City of Paducah’s Creative Business Bootcamp